The Everstryke Pro and the Everstryke Match are both free (while supplies last), and both are waterproof fire starters that are very popular with survivalists, preppers, campers and other outdoor enthusiasts… but which one if the best for you and your particular needs? Here’s the answer…
Table of Contents
- Everstryke Pro vs Everstryke Match
- Everstryke Pro Survives The Fish Bowl Test (Video)
- Everstryke Pro: Benefits
- Everstryke Pro: Tips
- Original Everstryke Match: Everything You Need to Know
- How the Original Everstryke Perma-Match Works
- Benefits of Using the Original Everstryke Match:
- How To Decide Which One Is Right For You:
- Free Everstryke Pro and Free Everstryke Match (Limited Time Offer)
Everstryke Pro vs Everstryke Match
The original Everstryke Match and the new Everstryke Pro from Survival Life are two of the best fire starter tools for both survival and emergency situations, and both are free (for a limited time).
Both equally awesome in their own ways, these Everstryke matches are compact waterproof survival fire starters designed for anyone and everyone who wants to quickly and easily harness Mother Nature’s most powerful survival tool – fire!
However, even though they both have “perma-match” in their official names only one of them is truly a waterproof permanent match (with a built in ferro rod as a back up), and the other is more like a waterproof survival lighter.
So, in this article I’m going to tell you what the main differences are between the Everstryke Perma Match and The Everstryke Pro Perma Match. I’m also going to give you a list the benefits that each has to offer and how to use both of them.
Plus, I’ll tell you how you can get your hands on the original Everstryke Match and the Everstyke Pro for free (good while supplies last).
Everstryke Pro Survives The Fish Bowl Test (Video)
The EverStryke Pro is a waterproof survival lighter and fire starter designed for survivalists, preppers, campers, hikers, and well… pretty much anyone and everyone who wants to quickly and easily harness mother nature’s most powerful survival tool – fire!
The Everstryke Pro is an all-new and improved version of the original Everstryke Match.
It’s made from stainless steel and features a o-ring seal that also makes it waterproof.
Check out this video for proof that the Everstryke Pro is waterproof…
With a completely new design, the Everstryke Pro is very easy to use, works like a traditional lighter, and is capable of 30,000 long burning strikes! Featuring a replaceable flint and a wick that lasts 10 times longer, you can depend on the Everstryke Pro whenever you need to start a fire.
If you screw the cap off the Everstryke Pro, you will find the wick and striker wheel, leaving you only a spark away from starting a fire. This makes the Everstryke Pro a great, quick, and easy tool for survival.
Everstryke Pro: Benefits
- Designed more like a traditional lighter with a replaceable wick and flint.
- Easier to use? Holds twice as much fuel as the Everstryke Match.
- Flame burns at over 600 degrees Fahrenheit? Capable of 30,000 long burning strikes .
- Easy to refuel.
- Built in O-Ring keeps fuel from evaporating indefinitely (and makes it waterproof).
- It’s waterproof so it will start a fire even after being completely submerged in water for an hour or longer.
- Integrated clip for easy on-the-go.
Everstryke Pro: Tips
- Even if you run out of fuel you can still use the sparks from the flint to start a survival fire with the help of a little tinder.
- Keep it close to your body to keep it warm so it lights faster in cold weather (all fuel-based lighters can be more difficult to light in freezing temperatures).
- Tighten the cap to seal the water tight o-ring after each use to avoid leakage, and keep the wick dry to prevent your lighter fluid from evaporating.
Original Everstryke Match: Everything You Need to Know
Small enough to fit in your pocket, the original Everstryke Match is used more like a traditional waterproof permanent match with a twist… it uses lighter fluid and a wick to produce a flame like a perma-match, but it uses a ferro rod and built in striker to produce the spark that lights the match. So in a sense it’s a waterproof matches case with a built-in waterproof match. Sweet!
Here’s the best part… you can use the built in ferro rod to start a fire with the Everstryke Permanent Match… even if you run out of lighter fluid!
Even though the Everstryke Match doesn’t have a replaceable wick, it can still last up to 15,000 long burning strikes AND it won’t burn your fingertips!
How the Original Everstryke Perma-Match Works
The Everstryke Match is very simple to use. To start, unscrew the match stem and fill the canister with lighter fluid (make sure to only fill it ¾ to avoid spilling). Next, place the match stem back into the canister for a second or two so the wick at the end of the ferro rod can absorb the lighter fluid.
Now all you have to do is pull the ferro rod out and strike it on the side of the canister (away from your body to avoid the sparks) like it’s a regular match. That’s all there is to it… it’s as simple as lighting a regular match… except it will light your survival fire even when dropped in water, and even if you run out of lighter fluid… it’s a waterproof match insides it’s own waterproof matches case!
Benefits of Using the Original Everstryke Match:
- Used more like a traditional permanent “ever strike” match with a built in ferro rod.
- Ferro rod strikes at over 3,000 degrees and flame burns at over 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Each match is capable of 15,000 long burning strikes.
- Built in O-Ring keeps fuel from evaporating indefinitely.
- Will start a fire even when wet? Integrated clip for easy on-the-go
Put the Everstryke Match to the test for yourself:
- Drop it in a lake, dive in and pull it out. With one quick strike this waterproof match will still light your campfire.
- Drop it from a mountain while hiking and this survival lighter will still set your fire ablaze.
- Accidentally run it over with your truck – No problem, this Everstryke Pro survival fire starter will do its job.
- Run out of lighter fluid in the middle of the wilderness? The Everstryke Permanent Match has a built in Ferro Rod.
- Watch this Everstryke Match Demo video to see this cotton ball fire starter spark into action with one strike of the Everstryke’s built in ferro rod tool.
- A bear invades your campsite and eats your EverStryke “Oh no!” – If you’re willing to stick around and wait for that bear to “process” your EverStryke Match, I’m wiling to bet it will still light.
Disclaimer: We have not actually put the EverStryke survival match to the bear test yet, but we are confident that it would pass. We simply do not believe in testing products on animals… or being face to face with a Grizzly. But we are an Affiliate so we may earn a commission if you decide to order a free Everstrike Permanent Match based on our recommendation.
Need more proof that the EverStryke Match is the best survival fire starter? Check out these EverStryke Match Review videos.
Check out these EverStryke Match Review and Demo videos, and this How To Use A Ferro Rod tutorial to see just how easy it is to start a fire in the wilderness with the Everstryke Match… even when it’s been soaked in water!
How To Decide Which One Is Right For You:
Both are have watertight o-ring seals so it’s like having a waterproof fire starter kit in your pocket.
If you prefer using a zippo-like survival lighter with a replaceable wick and flint, then you should choose the Everstryke Pro.
If you prefer using a waterproof permanent match for starting your fires, and you like the idea of having a built in Ferro (Ferrocromium) Rod to use as a back up, just in case you run out of lighter fluid, then you should choose the original Everstryke Perma-Match.
However, for a very limited time…
Free Everstryke Pro and Free Everstryke Match (Limited Time Offer)
You can get one of each for free… so why not choose both of them!
It’s just like the free samples they give away at Costco or the supermarket on the weekend. They don’t cost you anything but they give you the freebies in hopes that you simply consider buying the product some day down the road (but even if you don’t you still get to chow-down on all that great food for free).
All Survival Life asks is that you cover a very reasonable shipping and handling fee that is so cheap you could pretty much use the spare change you find in your couch to cover it (or simply return some of those returnable cans from the beverages you consumed with your buddies during your last weekend outing).
This free deal won’t last forever, though… so what are you waiting for!