The 4DB Ferrocerium Rod is a great fire starting tool if you want something that’s easy to use but still produces great results. It’s ideal for bushcraft and survival kits. It is called ferrocerium because it is made from a combination of hard iron and soft cerium. It also contains some magnesium.
To use the ferrocerium rods, all you need to do is strike them at a 90 degree angle with a sharp or rough object, such as a knife or just use the included striker. This will create the initial sparks for your fire. These sparks can reach incredibly high temperatures, up to 5,430 degree Fahrenheit!
Each rod is 5″ x 1/2″, which is quite large. The ferro rod comes attached to a 34″ snake braid Deep Woods 550 paracord lanyard. The lanyard includes both fishing line and waxed jute that can be used as tinder. Also included with the ferrocerium rods is a 4 Directions Bushcraft camouflage carabiner, for easy attachment to your belt loop or backpack.
Unlike some other tools, the 4DB ferrocerium rod is unaffected by high altitudes. It can work even on tall mountain peaks. The 4DB Ferrocerium Rod works well because it is not complicated. Using it is so simple that almost anyone at all could do it.
- With a 4mm Lanyard Hole: This fire starter features a 4mm lanyard hole, allowing you to keep the product secure and easily attach it to your gear for convenient carry.
- Length: 3.15 inches (80mm); Diameter: 0.35 inches (8mm): The fire starter is compact, measuring 3.15 inches (80mm) in length and 0.35 inches (8mm) in diameter, making it portable and easy to handle.
- Bare rod only, no lanyard or other accessory included: Please note that this product includes only the bare rod, and no lanyard or additional accessories are included in the package.
- Compact fire starter designed for all conditions: This fire starter is designed to efficiently light fires in any conditions, providing reliable ignition even in challenging weather and terrain.
- Provides up to 3000 degrees C spark in any weather, at any altitude: With an impressive spark temperature of up to 3000 degrees C, this fire starter ensures reliable fire ignition, regardless of weather or altitude. It is a durable tool, capable of approximately 12,000 strikes for long-lasting use.