Your search for the best ferro rod has ended: the Arcadia Gear Fat Boy Ferro Rod is the only ferrocerium rod you will ever need to quickly and safely light fires in any situation for many years.
At 3/4-inch wide by 5 1/2 inches long with a weight of approximately 11 ounces, this extra large ferro rod outsizes the competition and normal 1/2-inch diameter rods.
Yet, it isn’t unwieldy. The Fat Boy is designed with an easy-to-grip wooden handle that fits securely in the palm of your hand. It also features a braided wrist strap so that you don’t need to worry about dropping it even if it slips free of your hand for some reason.
How Effective Is the Fat Boy?
Matches, when they work, gives you a mere single flame per match. They also usually deteriorate and fail to work when exposed to moisture.
Most liquid, fuel-based lighters light up approximately 3,000 times before they eventually run out of fuel. In both cases, you often need to repeatedly attempt to create a flame.
A ferro rod gives you a reliable, lasting source for hot sparks every single time you use it. Standard ferro rods are only rated for up to 12,000 strikes. The Fat Boy Ferro Rod lasts more than double that count at an astounding 35,000+ strikes.
You never need to rely again on a subpar fire-starting tool when you want to start a fire in a camping, barbecue, survival or other setting. The magnesium content of the rod also guarantees that the Fat Boy Ferro Rod provides a high number of incredibly hot sparks no matter the temperature or weather when you use it.
The flame from a match typically fails to reach even 1,500 degrees F. Similarly, flames from most lighters only reach approximately 3,500 to 4,000 degrees F. Every spark from the Fat Boy Ferro Rod is a scorching 5,500 degrees F.
- EXTRA LARGE: The Fat Boy ferro rod is an impressive 3/4″ by 5 1/2″ long, weighing 11oz. It is more than twice the size of a standard 1/2″ diameter ferro rod, providing you with a larger surface area for generating sparks.
- HIGHLY EFFECTIVE: Not all ferro rods are created equal. The Fat Boy ferro rod stands out with its high magnesium content, ensuring robust showers of 5,500-degree Fahrenheit sparks. It is designed to perform exceptionally well in all weather conditions.
- WOODEN HANDLE: The Fat Boy features a wooden handle specifically designed to provide a secure grip, even in difficult situations like snow, rain, or when dealing with low energy levels.
- LONG TERM SURVIVAL TOOL: Rated for 35,000+ strikes, the Fat Boy ferro rod is built to be a reliable long-term survival tool. It will be there for you when matches run out and lighters are broken or empty.
- ARCADIA GEAR GUARANTEE: As a company dedicated to designing high-quality products for outdoor enthusiasts, we stand behind the Fat Boy ferro rod. If for any reason you’re not satisfied with our product, simply return it for a refund.