Fire-Fast FireFly is a compact and lightweight fire starter that you can carry wherever you go. It is a must-have for hikers, backpackers, and survivalists.
The Fire-Fast Fire Fly is made in the USA by a small business in California and is an improved model based on years of experience making magnesium fire starters.
(I own the Firefly’s big brother, the Fire-Fast Trekker, which is a SIGNIFICANTLY larger version of the Fire Fly. However, there are times when I prefer a smaller fire starter like the Fire Fly, which fits much more comfortably in the pocket of my jeans while I’m gathering wood or building my campfire).
Fire Fly Components
- Ferro Rod/Flint – Fire-Fast uses Austrian ferrocerium, which contains 76% rare earth metals (cerium and lanthanum). The Chinese flints used by many other companies typically contain only 16% rare earth metal. But it’s the cerium and lanthanum that create the large volume of high temperature sparks that make it easy to start a fire.
- Magnesium – This is 95% pure military-grade magnesium that burns at 4000-5000 degrees Fahrenheit, making it a perfect fire starter even for damp kindling.
- Striker – Each fire starter has a striker made of hardened steel. The striker doesn’t bend or break, and its edges are slightly sharpened for effective scraping.
- The Handle: Built-in Tinder – In a pinch, you can use the striker to scrape a pile of shavings from the virtually waterproof African hardwood handle to use as tinder.
- An 18-inch long, 550 lb tensile strength paracord attaches the striker to the rod handle.
Fire-Fast Fire Fly Specs
- The magnesium rod on the Firefly is buried ¾ of an inch into the handle, while the ferro rod is inserted ½ an inch deep.
- The Firefly weighs about 1.5 ounces.
- The ferro rod is 2 inches long and 6 mm in diameter.
- Its magnesium rod is 2 inches long and ⅜ inches in diameter.
- The overall length of the Firefly is 5 inches long.
Fire-Fast Fire Fly Benefits
- It is compact and lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
- The materials used to make its components are high quality, making them effective and reliable.
- Works even when exposed to weather elements.
- The Firefly is durable and designed to last for years.
Tip: The Firefly’s big brother, the Fire-Fast Trekker, is a SIGNIFICANTLY larger version of the Fire-Fly.
- Made in America: This product is proudly manufactured in the USA, ensuring high quality and craftsmanship.
- World’s Best Flint: Utilizing an Austrian (Euro) Ferro Rod, not Chinese, this fire starter boasts exceptional flint quality for reliable performance.
- Extreme Lite Weight: Weighing only 1.5 ounces, this fire starter is designed for easy portability, measuring 5 inches in length, 5/8ths of an inch deep, and 7/8ths of an inch wide.
- All Weather and Water Proof: Crafted with a HardWood Handle and a 95% Pure Magnesium Rod, this fire starter ensures excellent performance in all weather conditions, remaining water-resistant.
- Comprehensive Kit: The product includes a Ferro Rod, Magnesium Rod, HardWood Handle, Paracord, and a Hardened Steel Striker/Scraper, providing you with all essential components for successful fire starting.