The Tag-Z Magnesium Fire Starter Kit is a handy tool for starting fires even in conditions which are quite damp. It is made in the United States and used by the US Armed Forces. It is used in their survival kits because fire is essential to surviving in the wilderness.
The Tag-Z Magnesium Fire Starter Kit comes with a certificate of authenticity stating it is genuinely obtained from Doan Machinery. The certificate also states that the kit was handled in an appropriate manner, so that it wasn’t damaged before being placed for sale.
This fire starting tool is described as the “original and most reliable” of its kind.
How To Use The Tag-Z Magnesium Fire Starter
- Scrape the side of the block marked “shaving edge” with the included scraping tool.
- Keep scraping the block until you have a pile of magnesium shavings about the size of a quarter.
- Sprinkle the magnesium shavings on some flammable tinder material and kindling.
- Turn the block over to the side marked “sparking insert” (the edge with the long flint rod) and hold it approximately 1 inch away from the tinder and shavings.
- Scrape the entire length of the side marked “sparking insert” with the scraping tool or knife to create a shower of sparks. Make sure the sparks are directed at the pile of tinder. The sparks will cause the magnesium shavings to ignite and set the kindling on fire.
For your safety, the fire starter kit should never be used with gasoline.
Click here to get the best price on a Tag-Z Magnesium Fire Starter on Amazon. Or check it out on eBay.
Leave a Reply