The Friendly Swede Fire Starter is a world traveler’s must-have in any camping backpack. Each one includes a steel striker attached by a chain to the ferro rod.
This combination ferro rod and striker allows you to start a fire in any weather condition easily. It can be used to start a fire in windy, rainy, and extremely low temperature conditions.
The Friendly Swede features a rust-free, durable ferrocerium rod. The rod produces a hefty spray of hot sparks that allow you to light a fire quickly.
This fire starter has a feature that puts it among the best ferro rods: ergonomic handles on both the Ferro rod and the striker. These easy-to-grasp handles enable you to conveniently use The Friendly Swede to start a fire even when your fingers are numbed from exposure to freezing cold.
Another impressive feature of this fire starter its extra-long ferro rod. The additional length makes it easier to strike the fire rod and generate more sparks for easier fire starting. However, this fire starter is still more than compact enough to be easy to carry. This is a great feature when going camping or hiking, when space is limited.
This package includes:
- Two 5” Ferrocerium firestarter rods
- Two 2.5” Steel Strikers
- Two 17.5” Chains
Finally, The Friendly Swede carries a Lifetime Warranty, which shows the confidence the company has in the quality of their products.
- FERRO ROD 2.8″ (7cm): This flint fire starter survival tool is specially designed for easier hitting and produces more sparks at higher temperatures, making it a favorite among outdoor enthusiasts in recent years.
- STYLISH WOODEN HANDLE: The fire starter features a natural and stylish Scandinavian wooden handle, perfect for outdoor use. The handle is crafted from Theaceae wood, combining functionality with aesthetic appeal.
- PARACORD STRAP 19.7″ (50cm): Included with the survival fire starter is a paracord strap that connects the rod body to an attached striker. The strap can also be unwrapped and used as a paracord measuring 19.7 inches (50 cm) in length for additional versatility.
- BOTTLE OPENER & SIGNALING MIRROR: This fire starter boasts additional features, including a 2.0-inch (50mm) ruler and a bottle opener. Moreover, the back of the fire starter bar comes with a mirror, serving as a signaling mirror in case of emergencies.
- LONG-LASTING FIRE STARTER KIT: With a length of up to 2.8 inches (7 cm), this flint and steel fire starter kit allows for up to 10,000 fire starts. Its impressive service life, combined with its extended length, makes it a highly attractive choice for outdoor enthusiasts.